Friday, March 16, 2012

Endersession - Standout Resume

1.  The first thing for me, I think would be to intern at SPAWAR. I interned there for the last 2 summers, but I am not going to do it again this summer, so if I did it for Endersession, I would be able to put 3 years in a row on my resume. Also, being able to put that I interned there on my own would be really impressive, instead of saying it was part of an internship program.

Contact - I would be able to contact my mentor Danielle E, or the big boss, George G. (wont put there emails because i only have their Navy emails and I dont really think I am supposed to give that out on the internet :)

2.  Another internship that would make my resume standout I think would be to intern with a soccer team and help with the coaching or be a referee or something like that. For me that would look good on my resume because I have been playing soccer since i was 3 and have been on varsity for 4 years in a row and was a captain so to now help coach or run a soccer camp or referee games would show that I am progressing and becoming more of a leader. It would show that as I get older I learn more about what I am doing and can grow in my skills so much that I can then teach others. They will be able to see that I am really passionate about things that I do, and I really stick with them.

Contact - Any of my coaches, but esp. the all-star coaches or club coaches since its club/all-star season

3.  Finally, I think that interning with the San Diego Union Tribune would really standout on my resume. I think being an editor or at least helping with the editing there would be a great opportunity and open things up for me a lot in the future, career wise being able to say that I interned with them as an editor in High School.

Contact - 800-533-8830

No comments:

Post a Comment